1. What are you trying to say?(你到底想说什么?)
  2. Don’t be silly.(别胡闹了。)
  3. How strong are your glasses?(你近视多少度?)
  4. Just because.(没有别的原因。)
    1. Just because you’re older than me doesn’t mean you know everything. 你比我年长并不意味着你什么都知道。
  5. It isn’t the way I hoped it would be.(这不是我所盼望的。)
  6. You will never guess.(你永远猜不到。)
  7. No one could do anything about it.(众人对此束手无措。)
  8. I saw something deeply disturbing.深感事情不妙。
  9. Money is a good servant but a bad master.要做金钱的主人,莫做金钱的奴隶。
  10. I am not available.(我正忙着)
  11. Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.(脑中的知识比手中的金钱更重要)
  12. Never say die. It’s a piece of cake.别泄气,那只是小菜一碟。
  13. Don’t worry. You’ll get used to it soon.别担心,很快你就会习惯的。
  14. I know how you feel.我明白你的感受。
  15. You win some. You lose some.胜败乃兵家常事
  16. Don’t bury your head in the sand.不要逃避现实
  17. I didn’t expect you to such a good job.我没想到你干得这么好。
  18. You are coming alone well.你做得挺顺利。
  19. She is well-build.她的身材真棒。
  20. You look neat and fresh.你看起来很清纯。
  21. You have a beautiful personality.你的气质很好。
  22. You flatter me immensely.你过奖啦。
  23. You should be slow to judge others.你不应该随意评论别人。
  24. I hope you will excuse me if I make any mistake.如有任何错误,请你原谅
  25. It was most careless of me.我太粗心了。
  26. It was quite by accident.真是始料不及。
  27. I wish I had all the time I’d ever wasted, so I could waste it all over again.我希望所有被我浪费的时间重新回来,让我再浪费一遍。
  28. I like you the way you were.我喜欢你以前的样子。
  29. You two go ahead to the movie without me, I don’t want to be a third wheel.你们两个自己去看电影吧,我不想当电灯泡。
  30. Do you have anyone in mind? 你有心上人吗?
  31. How long have you known her?你认识她多久了?
  32. It was love at first sight.一见钟情
  33. I’d better hit the books.我要复习功课啦。
  34. a piece of one’s mind .直言不讳
    1. He gave me a piece of mind, “Don’t shift responsibility onto others.他责备道:”不要把责任推卸到别人身上。”
  35. a cat and dog life 水火不容的生活
    1. The husband and his wife are always quarrelling, and they are leading a cat and dog life.这对夫妇老是吵架,相互之间水火不容。
  36. a dog’s life 潦倒的生活
    1. The man lived a dog’s life.这个人生活潦倒。 
  37. A to Z 从头至尾
    1. I know that from A to Z. 我很了解这件事。
  38. above somebody 深奥
    1. Well, this sort of talk is above me.我不懂你们在讲什么。
  39. all ears 全神贯注地倾听着
    1. When you tell Mary some gossip, she is all ears.Mary讲一些小道消息,她会听地仔仔细细。
  40. all the more/better 更加,益发
    1. You’ll be all the better for a holiday.度一次假,对你会更有好处。
  41. all dressed up 打扮得整整齐齐
    1. She is all dressed up and nowhere to go.她打扮得整整齐却无处炫耀。
  42. all in all 总的说来;最心爱的东西
    1. The daughter is all in all to him.女儿是他的无价宝。
  43. all out 竭尽全力
    1. They went all out.他们鼓足了干劲。
  44. all over 全部结束;浑身,到处
    1. Glad, it is all over.这事全部结束了,好得很。
    2. I’m wet all over.我浑身都湿了。
  45. all set 准备就绪
    1. He is all set for an early morning start.他已做好清晨出发的一切准备。
  46. all you have to do 需要做得是
    1. All you have to do is to calm yourself down and wait for the good news.你需要做得是静下心来等好消息。
  47. as easy as falling of a log /as easy as snapping your fingers /as easy as ABC 容易得很
    1. To me, a good story teller, it would be as easy as falling of a log.对我来说,讲个故事还不是随手拈来。
  48. as busy as a bee 非常忙
    1. Mum is always as busy as a bee in the morning.妈妈每天早上都忙得不可开交。
  49. at one’s fingertips 了如指掌
    1. How to get at that little island is at his fingertips.他知道怎么去那个小岛。
  50. at one’s wit’s end 智穷
    1. Don’t ask him. It is also at his wit’s end.不要问他了,他也不知道。
  51. big shot 大人物,大亨
    1. He is a big shot in our little town.
  52. black sheep 败家子,害群之马
    1. Every family has a black sheep.家家有本难念的经。
  53. black and blue 遍体鳞伤
    1. The thief was caught of red-handed and beaten black and blue.那个小偷当场被抓住并被打得青一块紫一块的。
  54. black and white 白纸黑字
    1. The proof is in black and white and the murderer has no any excuses.证据确凿,凶手再也无话可说。
  55. blind alley 死胡同
    1. You are heading into a blind alley.你正在钻牛角尖
  56. blow hot and cold 摇摆不定,喜怒无常
    1. This guy seemed to have no own idea. He always blew hot and cold.这家伙好象没什么主张,总是摇摆不定。
  57. blow one’s own trumpet 自吹自擂
    1. Don’t blow your own trumpet. Let us see what on earth you can do.不要自吹自擂了,让我们看看你到底能做什么。
  58. born with a silver in one’s mouth 出生在富贵人家
    1. He is born with a silver in one’s mouth.他是含着金钥匙出生的。
  59. brand new 崭新的
    1. a brand new coat 新衣服
  60. break the ice 打破沉默
    1. The couple hadn’t spoken to each other for a week. They were both waiting for the other one to break the ice.这对夫妇已经一个星期没说过话了。两人都在等另一方先开口。
  61. by a blow 无意中的一击
    1. He is beaten to the ground by a blow.他被击到在地。
  62. can’t stand it any longer 不能再忍受了
    1. I can’t stand it any longer, I quit.我再也忍受不了了,我走。
  63. carry something too far 过火了
    1. You are carrying your joke too far.你玩笑开得太过分了。
  64. castle in the sky 海市蜃楼
    1. You plan is nearly a castle in the sky.你的计划简直就是空想。
  65. cats got one’s tongue(lost your tongue) 哑口无言( 形容一个人不说一句话就好像舌头被猫叼去了一样。)是指一个人因惊讶、尴尬而一时不知说什么好。在对话中占上风的人会经常对处于劣势的人说Has the cat got your tongue,用来显示自己处于优势的地位。
  66. chain smoker 老烟枪
    1. Although he chain-smoked cigarettes, his hands were unstained. 虽然他是老烟枪,但他的手还没有被熏黑.
  67. come up with 产生,想出
    1. Let me come up with some ideas.让我想一想。
  68. come easily 容易
    1. Languages come easily to some people.有些人能够很容易地掌握语言。
  69. cup of tea 喜欢
    1. Movies are not my cup of tea.我不喜欢看电影。
  70. cut it out 停止,住嘴
    1. Cut it out! I can’t stand you any longer.
  71. call it a day
    不再做下去,停止(某种活动)
    1. Let us call it a day, stop.这一天工作够了,停工吧! 
  72. dark horse 黑马
    1. Nobody considered that John would win the game. He was a dark horse in the final.
  73. dear John letter 绝交信
    1. Jack received a dear John letter from his girlfriend because he had broken her heart.
  74. do someone good 对某人有好处
    1. Having some morning exercises does you good.
  75. Do you get me? 你明白我的意思吗?
  76. doesn’t count 这次不算
    1. It doesn’t count this time, try again.
  77. doesn’t make sense 不懂;没有任何意义
    1. The sentence you made doesn’t make any sense to me.
  78. down and out
    穷困潦倒
    1. Being down and out, he couldn’t support his family.
  79. drive at 用意,意欲
    1. What’s he driving at? 他用意何在?
  80. drop in 偶然拜访
    1. I dropped him in on my way to the hospital.
  81. drop me a line 写信给我
    1. On arriving the University, please drop me a line.
  82. early bird 早起的人
    1. An early bird catches worms。捷足先登
  83. easy come easy go 来得快去得也快
    1. Never mind. Easy come easy go! That’s what lottery prizes come to. 别介意了。来得容易去也容易!那就是乐透奖金的结局。
  84. eat my words 收回前言,认错道歉
    1. I said something bad to my mum. Although I want to eat my words back, it didn’t work, for I had hurt my mum’s feeling.
  85. face the music
    直面困难
    1. He knew he’d never get away with it so he decided to face the music and give himself up to the police.他知道自己不可能逃脱,因此决定一人做事一人当——向警察自首
  86. face up to 勇敢地面对某事
    1. You must learn to face up to your responsibilities.
  87. fed up 厌倦(adj)
    1. I am rather fed up with your complaints.
  88. feel free to do something 不要拘束
    1. Please feel free to make suggestions.
  89. few and far between 很少,稀少
    1. Human beings are few and far between in this zone.
  90. French leave 不辞而别
    1. Mary took a French leave and left me a Dear John letter. 玛丽不告而别,只留给我一封分手信。
  91. give me a headache 让人头痛
    1. The naughty boy gave me a headache.
  92. give me a hand 帮我一下
  93. go Dutch AA
  94. God bless you 上帝保佑你
    1. God bless you with your examinations.
  95. God knows 天知道
  96. Got it? 明白了吗?
  97. green thumbs /fingers 园艺技能
  98. hands are full 非常忙
  99. have a ball 狂欢,玩得痛快
    1. The governance of Emperor Yao made people live joyfully, therefore, the people strive to have a ball to tiredness. 尧治理天下的时候,使百姓生活在欢乐之中。为此,百姓都努力地设法找乐子,玩的身心疲惫。
  100. have had it 受够了
    1. I have had it with all your excuses.我受够了你的借口。
  101. hold water 站得住脚
    1. None of his arguments seem to hold water.
  102. in every sense of word 在某种意义上说
    1. It’s a lie in every sense of word.这是不折不扣的谎言。
  103. keep an eye on 提高警惕
    1. Keep an eye on the clock and allot appropriate time to each section. 保持对时钟分配适当的时候眼睛每个部分。
  104. kill time打发时间
  105. lazy bones 懒骨头
  106. Get up lazy bones!
  107. leave it to me 让我来吧
  108. leave me alone 别管我 
  109. like father like son 有其父必有其子
  110. like it or not 不管你喜不喜欢
  111. make a fool of oneself 愚弄某人
    1. Let those say falsehood, empty talk even of make a fool of oneself ” representing ” the pressure that has come off sentry duty. 让那些说假话、空话甚至闹笑话的代表们有下岗的压力。
  112. make a big money 赚大钱
  113. make both ends need 收支平衡
    1. We have to cut our expenses to make both ends need.
  114. make waves 引起轰动;兴风作浪
    1. His achievement made waves in his country.
  115. make yourself at home 别拘束
  116. no good 没有好结果
    1. Bad mam comes to no good.
  117. no kidding 不要开玩笑
  118. none of your business 不关你的事
  119. not really 也不是……
    1. Success is not really something you must strive to create, for you are always making it happen.成功并不一定是要你必须努力去创造,因为你其实一直在让成功发生。
  120. old hand 老手
    1. He is an old hand at stealing.
  121. old story 老一套
    1. I am tired of it, same old story.
  122. on one’s word of honor 以某人的人格担保
  123. on occasion 间或
  124. of one’s own accord 自愿地
  125. packed like sardines 拥挤
    1. During the holidays, people in the trains are packed like sardines.
  126. pass away 去世
  127. pay the price 付出代价
    1. You are playing with the fire and you must pay the price one day.
  128. put up with 忍受
    1. I cant put up with your rudeness any more; leave my room.
  129. red-letter day 重要的或值得纪念的日子
  130. red tape 繁文缛节
  131. red carpet 红地毯
  132. run into 偶遇
    1. I ran into an old friend in the shop yesterday.
  133. run out of 用尽,缺少
    1. Quick, quick, we are running out of time.
  134. show up 炫耀
  135. small potatoes 小人物
  136. so what? 那怎么样呢?
  137. stand up for 忍受
  138. suit one’s taste 对某人的胃口
  139. Sunday dress 最好的衣服
  140. sure thing 十有把握的事

     

  141. take one’s time 尽情玩;从容不迫;不着急
    1. Take your time and enjoy it.
  142. take the words out of one’s mouth 说出某人想说得话
  143. that’s it 就是
  144. that is really something 太好了
  145. there is nothing I can do 我什么都不能做
  146. there you go 这边请
  147. there is nothing wrong with me 我没事
  148. under the table 死底下,秘密地
  149. under the weather 身体不适
  150. what’s going on 怎么了
  151. what a man 多勇敢的人啊
  152. walking dictionary 活字典
  153. what is up 近来可好
    1. Hi, I haven’t seen you for a long time, what’s up?
  154. world class 一流的